kingdom of rock brucath
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

kingdom of rock brucath

rock and metal

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment : -21%
LEGO® Icons 10329 Les Plantes Miniatures, ...
Voir le deal
39.59 €

TROUBLE New Album

AuteurMessage
brucath
Admin
brucath

TROUBLE  New Album Empty
MessageSujet: TROUBLE New Album   TROUBLE  New Album Icon_minitimeJeu 18 Oct - 16:21

TROUBLE Issue New Album Update - "The Songs Are Coming Along Just Great"

Chicago-based doom legends TROUBLE check in with an update on their forthcoming ninth studio album:

TROUBLE  New Album P179q4f8t42bvlv11jp9rsb1h3s4

"Things are starting to pick up in our camp so we decided to put up a
quick page to fill you guys in on what's happening with us. Look for
the new site to coincide with our upcoming release this spring

We just would like to give you a quick update on what's going on in
Trouble world. The songs are coming along just great! We have some final
guitar stuff to finish up and the vocals aren't far behind. We are very
impressed with the talent Kyle (Wartell, guitar) has brought to Trouble
and those are just the demos! Trouble fans will be pleased to say the
least!

We are all very excited about this new album and look forward to
seeing you all in the spring / summer of 2013. Please like us on
Facebook and follow us on Twitter for all the latest news! Thank you for
your patience and loyalty over the years!"

Trouble lineup:

Kyle Thomas - vocals

Bruce Franklin - guitar

Rick Wartell - guitar

Shane Pasqualla - bass

Mark Lira - drums

TROUBLE  New Album P179q4dmeb164j1iaf9kj1akjamp4

More on Trouble at this location.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://kingdomofrockbruc.lebonforum.com
brucath
Admin
brucath

TROUBLE  New Album Empty
MessageSujet: Re: TROUBLE New Album   TROUBLE  New Album Icon_minitimeVen 23 Nov - 20:04

TROUBLE - New Album Title, Artwork Revealed?

Guitarist Rick Wartell, of Chicago-based doom legends TROUBLE, has
posted what could be the artwork for the band's forthcoming new album,
possibly titled The Dark Riff, and due for release in summer 2013. Check
it out below:

TROUBLE  New Album P17cmrsr052vb14ni1mc1v81f3t4

The band recently checked in with an update on their forthcoming
ninth studio album: "Things are starting to pick up in our camp so we
decided to put up a quick page to fill you guys in on what's happening
with us. Look for the new site to coincide with our upcoming release
this spring.

We just would like to give you a quick update on what's going on in
Trouble world. The songs are coming along just great! We have some final
guitar stuff to finish up and the vocals aren't far behind. We are very
impressed with the talent Kyle (Wartell, guitar) has brought to Trouble
and those are just the demos! Trouble fans will be pleased to say the
least!

We are all very excited about this new album and look forward to
seeing you all in the spring / summer of 2013. Please like us on
Facebook and follow us on Twitter for all the latest news! Thank you for
your patience and loyalty over the years!"

Trouble lineup:

Kyle Thomas - vocals

Bruce Franklin - guitar

Rick Wartell - guitar

Shane Pasqualla - bass

Mark Lira - drums

More on Trouble at this location.
brucath
Admin
brucath

TROUBLE  New Album Empty
MessageSujet: Re: TROUBLE New Album   TROUBLE  New Album Icon_minitimeJeu 16 Mai - 19:47

TROUBLE To Release The Distortion Field Album In July; Artwork, Tracklisting Revealed

TROUBLE  New Album T204112

Chicago metal legends TROUBLE return with their first album since
Simple Mind Condition, released in 2007. The album, entitled The
Distortion Field, features 13 tracks and will be released by FRW Records
in North America on July 16th, and in Europe on July 26th.

The Distortion Field makes history in the Trouble camp through the
band's acquisition of a new lead vocalist, Kyle Thomas of EXORDER and
FLOODGATE fame.

Commenting on new vocalist Thomas, Trouble founder and guitarist
Rick Wartell says: "Kyle is one of the most impressive singers I've ever
heard, and by far the most extraodinary singer I've ever had the
pleasure of working with. He's got incredible range, incredible power,
and an incredible knowledge of Trouble, as he's been a fan for
20-something years. We've known him forever, and he innately understands
what Trouble is about. He's like the perfect guy to come in and do
this job. It's awesome."

Veteran Music Producer Bill Metoyer is once again lending his
expertise, having previously worked with the band on The Skull and
Trouble, both Metal Blade releases.

"Musically, I think this album is a true Trouble record.", states
Wartell. "In the early days, we used to just write what we felt and
didn't really care about what anyone said. We just wrote heavy riffs and
played our music our way. But outside influences can kind of get a hold
of you and start telling you what to do. When we were writing this
album, the thinking was, we don't care what anybody thinks. We're going
to write what we write. So this is basically a return to our roots,
while combining some reflections of our band's long history as well.
With the two different music writers, Bruce and myself, we have a slight
variation in our writing; Bruce has more of a '70s groove to his
writing, and I'm more the old school doomy metal thing. And when you put
it together, you get Trouble."

TROUBLE  New Album P17qmqq53s1p7ce354785jjj6a4

The Distortion Field tracklisting:

'Sink Or Swim'

'Paranoid Conspiracy'

'Glass Of Lies'

'The Grey Chill Of Autumn'

'When The Sky Comes Down'

'Butterflies'

'Your Reflections'

'Have I Told You'

'The Apple From The Snake'

'Hunters Of Doom'

'Sucker'

'The Broken Have Spoken'

Trouble lineup:

Kyle Thomas - vocals

Rick Wartell - guitar

Bruce Franklin - guitars

Shane Pasqualla - bass

Mark "Marko" Lira - drums

More on Trouble at their official here or Facebook page.
brucath
Admin
brucath

TROUBLE  New Album Empty
MessageSujet: Re: TROUBLE New Album   TROUBLE  New Album Icon_minitimeSam 29 Juin - 16:10

TROUBLE's Rick Wartell On Finding Band's Musical Direction - "We Were Fans Of Psychedelic Music To Begin With... It Just Seemed Natural To Incorporate It Into Our Sound"

RollingStoneIndia.com reports:

It’s not too contentious to credit bands like BLACK SABBATH for inventing not just metal, but doom as a genre. But American band TROUBLE has the old school doom metal tradition going since 1979, a decade after Sabbath and JUDAS PRIEST had already set the tone for metal, gaining much mainstream success in the UK and overseas. The commercial aspect of it didn’t interest Trouble, though. Albums such as Psalm 9, Run To The Light and The Skull featured an odd mix of spiritual lyrics by then-vocalist Eric Wagner set to thick riffs and drumming.

TROUBLE  New Album P17u3d98dtone3mi19lt17o22qm4

Trouble
guitarists Bruce Franklin and Rick Wartell on how they found their musical direction...

Q: What kind of metal did you want to play, starting out in 1979?

Bruce Franklin:
"We wanted to play the heaviest stuff from the beginning. In 1979, in the USA, heavy rock was dying. There was still Black Sabbath and Judas Priest. A few other bands like SCORPIONS, THIN LIZZY, UFO were around, but weren’t as heavy. A lot of the cool bands that we grew up on had disappeared or faded to making more commercial music. We wanted to play a combination of our favorite stuff, even though its popularity was declining. By 1980 in the USA, there was an underground movement getting hip to the expansion happening across the water. That provided an audience for us that grew through the next few years."

Q: What made you bring psychedelic rock and heavy metal together?

Rick Wartell: "We were fans of psychedelic music to begin with. It just seemed natural to incorporate it into our sound."

Bruce Franklin: "Yeah, we liked psychedelic rock, like THE DOORS, THE BEATLES, IRON BUTTERFLY and CAPTAIN BEYOND. We also really liked Black Sabbath, DEEP PURPLE, ALICE COOPER and 70s-era Judas Priest. Eventually, we tried to incorporate some of those psychedelic influences into our heavy guitar riff rock that we so loved. This is a major point that set us apart from other metal bands of the day. It just comes down to doing the kind of music that we loved."

Q: Speaking of bands that you influenced, there’s one question a lot of Trouble fans still want to know the answer to – is it true METALLICA checked out your backline rig to get a similar guitar tone?

Bruce Franklin: "It is true that James Hetfield looked at our onstage guitar amps in 1984 when we played in San Francisco. Anything beyond that fact is just speculation."

Read more at this location.

Trouble return with their first album since Simple Mind Condition, released in 2007. The album, entitled The Distortion Field, features 13 tracks and will be released by FRW Records in North America on July 16th, and in Europe on July 26th.

TROUBLE  New Album P17t21t7tj180912c092i130akn54

The Distortion Field makes history in the Trouble camp through the band's acquisition of a new lead vocalist, Kyle Thomas of EXORDER and FLOODGATE fame.

Commenting on new vocalist Thomas, Trouble founder and guitarist Rick Wartell says: "Kyle is one of the most impressive singers I've ever heard, and by far the most extraodinary singer I've ever had the pleasure of working with. He's got incredible range, incredible power, and an incredible knowledge of Trouble, as he's been a fan for 20-something years. We've known him forever, and he innately understands what Trouble is about. He's like the perfect guy to come in and do this job. It's awesome."

Veteran Music Producer Bill Metoyer is once again lending his expertise, having previously worked with the band on The Skull and Trouble, both Metal Blade releases.

"Musically, I think this album is a true Trouble record.", states Wartell. "In the early days, we used to just write what we felt and didn't really care about what anyone said. We just wrote heavy riffs and played our music our way. But outside influences can kind of get a hold of you and start telling you what to do. When we were writing this album, the thinking was, we don't care what anybody thinks. We're going to write what we write. So this is basically a return to our roots, while combining some reflections of our band's long history as well. With the two different music writers, Bruce and myself, we have a slight variation in our writing; Bruce has more of a '70s groove to his writing, and I'm more the old school doomy metal thing. And when you put it together, you get Trouble."

TROUBLE  New Album P17qmqq53s1p7ce354785jjj6a4

The Distortion Field tracklisting:

'Sink Or Swim'
'Paranoid Conspiracy'
'Glass Of Lies'
'The Grey Chill Of Autumn'
'When The Sky Comes Down'
'Butterflies'
'Your Reflections'
'Have I Told You'
'The Apple From The Snake'
'Hunters Of Doom'
'Sucker'
'The Broken Have Spoken'

Trouble lineup:

Kyle Thomas - vocals
Rick Wartell - guitar
Bruce Franklin - guitars
Shane Pasqualla - bass
Mark "Marko" Lira - drums

More on Trouble at their official here or Facebook page.
brucath
Admin
brucath

TROUBLE  New Album Empty
MessageSujet: Re: TROUBLE New Album   TROUBLE  New Album Icon_minitimeLun 19 Aoû - 19:40

TROUBLE – “War And Life And Death”

By Martin Popoff

Eric Wagner, after a long, distinguished career, ultimately turned out to be trouble. Kory Clarke was trouble and then not TROUBLE enough. But new singer Kyle Thomas is more trouble than was called for, and the result is a pummelling new record of consummate Chicago doom called The Distortion Field.

“I think it’s more incorporating our whole career,” figures guitarist Bruce Franklin, on the bubonic plague complexion of a record that has been more than well received by the band’s druid cult of followers. “There’s a couple of songs on the record that feel like some of our early stuff, you know, maybe from the first record, and there are a couple of songs that sound like the Def American era—that groovy, classic Trouble sound. And then there’s one or two that are a different kind of psychedelic thing we might’ve tried on Run To The Light, but maybe we’re a bit more experienced at it now. So it’s kind of a mix, including some up-tempo cruncher stuff like we’ve always done through the years too.”

TROUBLE  New Album P181v7ff6p10a01n7fd3p1brl14jj4

“One of the standouts for me is a song called ‘The Broken Have Spoken’, just because the lyrics and the vocals are so good. The music had been done for a while, but when I first heard it with the vocals on it, I was just blown away, from what it became. I mean, that’s the way Trouble works. We wrote the music first, and then whoever is working with us—whether it be Eric or whether it be Kyle—writes the lyrics and vocal melodies, after the music’s already been written. So plenty of times, the end result isn’t what you imagined it might be, and hopefully with the time spent it will be much better than you imagined. And in this case, that’s exactly what happened.”

One pretty cool happenstance with the album is that there actually exists a whole second set of lyrics, much like what happened with DEEP PURPLE’s The Battle Rages On..., for which JOE LYNN TURNER had worked up a whole canon of wise words before he was booted for IAN GILLAN’s return.

“That’s right,” says Bruce. “As for worked up with Kory, this whole album was, except for maybe… no, maybe the whole album was written already when Kory was in the band. And he had done vocal stuff to most of them. But when Kyle entered the band, and ended up going to be doing the vocals for the record, he said he didn’t want to do anything that Kory did, because he didn’t want to be influenced by it. Plus there’s a song on the album, ‘Paranoid Conspiracy’, that was written back when Eric was in the band, and it would have been included on Simple Mind Condition. For one reason or another, it didn’t happen, but I felt like it was too good of a song to just throw away. And I still think it’s one of the better songs on this album. That came from a few years back when Eric was in the band. But as I said on this other stuff, Kyle ended up writing his own lyrics and vocal melodies himself. I don’t know if Eric ever quite finished the lyrics to that song, but we did record the basic tracks for that song when we were recording Simple Mind Condition.”

As for the psychedelic excursion Bruce refers to earlier... yes, indeed, there is one of those, and it’s a real mind-bender...

“For the most out-there, crazy song on the album, for sure it’s a song called ‘The Grey Chill Of Autumn’. It’s quite different, and one of the ones like I was saying, where we may have tried something like this on Run To The Light, that maybe we’re a little more equipped to do now. Kind of psychedelic, still with heavy parts, but it goes through a lot of twists and turns, different movements of the song. I don’t know if there’s any song in our career that you would say is like this song.”

TROUBLE  New Album P181v7hk9t16rm1f527vsg5o6f24

Divulges co-axeman Rick Wartell, “There’s a section in that song where there’s like 57 or 58 guitars going, with overdubs; I don’t know if it was the most difficult thing to do, but it was the most interesting. There’s one part in the middle of the song where it kind of stops, and these guitars and this weird space shit takes over. It’s really eerie, almost like watching a movie or listening to a movie soundtrack. It’s modern and old-fashioned at the same time. It’s definitely the oddest song on the record.”

“We double-tracked a lot of stuff,” laughs Rick. “Yeah, we put a lot of guitars in this record, let’s just say that. But the Trouble sound? Man, it’s just Marshalls, Gibson guitars and chorus pedals. That’s basically it. There’s not a whole lot going on there. You see our racks on stage, there’s not a whole lot there. It’s just like really old stuff. I get letters from fans and people on Facebook asking all the time what we use, and there’s no big secret. It’s just simple stuff; I think it’s all just in the settings. But as for other bands that sound like us, I haven’t heard ‘em. There are bands with big heavy guitars, but I don’t know if they sound as unique as ours. All I know is that we go plug in and that’s what comes out.”

As for the acquisition of ex-EXORDER/ex-FLOODGATE belter Kyle Thomas, Bruce figures that besides his powerful pipes, another positive is his level of introspection.

“For the most part, his lyrics come from a lot of the things inside of him that he’s experienced, all different things in life. Which is cool—I’m always one for real life-connected type lyrics. Maybe one or two songs on the album aren’t exactly that. But for the most part, a bunch of the songs on the album are. It’s the kind of thing people can relate to. A song like ‘Your Reflections’, is totally about what’s affected his life. And you can feel the passion in his singing, that he believes in what he’s singing.”

And why the break with Kory?

“I’ll tell you, the main thing, probably, by far the biggest, was that you could see the fans just were not accepting what he was doing with us,” says Bruce. “I mean, it was pretty obvious when we would play live shows. And I had a vision for better things for the record too. And not much more else to say than that. Except for the way things have ended up on it, I’m 100% sure we did the right thing. In hindsight, Kory was probably the wrong choice for the band. And that’s not his fault. I mean, I don’t want to be like slamming him. I saw him do a show with some hired musicians, and he did a bunch of WARRIOR SOUL stuff, and he sounded great doing that. So it’s not to slam him. He just really wasn’t the right fit for Trouble. And eventually we figured it out.”

“Actually last night, we were talking about how impressed we are with the depth of Kyle’s lyrics and the content,” reflects Rick, on the lead singer switcheroo. “It’s very real, very personal, very poetic, often about experiences that he goes through and is going through. And it’s something Trouble has always had. So this is something that won’t miss a beat whatsoever. There’s true life experiences but also things that he’s very passionate about, like war and life and death, same things Trouble has always been passionate about. So I think Kyle is Trouble; he just fits in so well.”

TROUBLE  New Album P181v7fkep13bsrvg13qp18e71oqu5

Final comment from Rick falls well into synch with this writer’s impression of Distortion Field and all it’s interesting creases and corners, this idea that the band has matured (perhaps fuelled by the injection of some new blood), and produced a masterful work linked to the creative spirit of heavy records from the ‘70s...

“To me, there’s a lot of stuff on this record that is like old school Trouble meets new school. Like Bruce talks about, he’ll say there’s good mixture of the really old and the really new stuff. The vibe I get is like when you first got a new Sabbath album and you cranked the shit out of it and it became almost like a live concert. Now I know it’s not Sabbath and it’s not the same, but for some reason, that’s the vibe I get (laughs).”

(Photos: Bruce Franklin and Rick Watrell by Jeremy Saffer / Kyle Thomas by Daniel Schnider)
Contenu sponsorisé

TROUBLE  New Album Empty
MessageSujet: Re: TROUBLE New Album   TROUBLE  New Album Icon_minitime

TROUBLE New Album
Page 1 sur 1